Take your first steps towards a professional career in the music industry with a Higher Rhythm, Music Technology course…
It’s pretty obvious that the only people you can really listen to about how the music industry really works are the professionals working in it every day, and so it makes sense that the best way to develop the skills needed to succeed in this industry, you need to work alongside these professionals in real industry settings (not waste your time in a college being taught by tutors with no serious industry credibility).
Our new post-16 BTEC National Diploma course in Music Technology starts at our Doncaster Recording Studio in September 2019, but you need to get in touch NOW if you don’t want to miss out as places are limited!
On our unique, real industry based programme you can:
- Gain a BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Music Technology (worth 2 A-levels and up to 112 UCAS points)
- Access masterclasses with established music industry professionals
- Gain unique vocational experience working in a professional recording studio and at live music events
- Get to REALLY understand how the music business makes money
- Develop and expand your network and contacts with Music Industry Yorkshire
- Get FREE entry to festival showcases, gigs and music industry panel events
- Receive support with Functional Skills, and GCSE English and Math (where required)
- You can even study another A Level with another provider if you want to because our programme takes up just 2 days per week!
- Entry to Higher Education HND and Degree courses
- A range of employment in the music industry including, studio engineering, music production, live sound, events promotion, recording artist, creative media, music publishing and licensing, audio editing for AV industries, artist management… the list just keeps on growing!
- Andy Seward (Music Engineer and musician who has worked with some of the biggest artists in the industry, and is also a Sony Gold Award winner)
- Paul Littlewood (Published songwriter and studio engineer)
- Dan Whitehouse (Experienced recording artist and producer of music for synchronisations)
Need proof that what we do works? If you listen to BBC Radio 6 or Radio 1, you will definitley have heard music by Skinny Pelembe who is currently cited as one of the hottest underground music artists in the UK. Skinny is just one of the success stories which started at our studio, and has now progressed to a global record deal, national and internatonal tours, BBC national radio play (with his fans including Mary Ann Hobbs, Lauren Laverne, Tom Ravenscroft, Huw Stevens and Giles Peterson) and his catalogue of music (which people buy and stream daily) is still all recorded at Higher Rhythm. Nothing makes us happier than seeing the people we support, succeed.
FILL IN THE SHORT FORM BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE