Covid-19 Update: We have overhauled our diploma programmes to make sure we continue to deliver them safely and in-line with Covid-19 recommendations. Find out more here
The music industry currently contributes £4.4 billion to the UK economy, employing over 142,000 professionals and these figures are growing . At Higher Rhythm, we believe that anyone, anywhere, with the right support and enough determination, can play a part in this National success story.
The people who really know how the music industry works are the professionals who work in it, and so it makes sense that the best way to develop the skills needed to succeed in this industry, is to work alongside these professionals in real industry settings.
Higher Rhythm is a high-profile music industry organisation with decades of experience training real pros. We are a leader in music industry development across the Yorkshire region, have delivered stages featuring well known artists at South By Southwest in the US (the biggest music industry event in the world) plus several UK festivals, we make music for record labels and successful music artists week in week out, and support hundreds of aspiring music industry professionals every year to further their careers. We also run two pro level recording studios, a radio station (Sine FM), a global music distribution service, a record label, and are linked into a wide range of music festivals and venues. These real industry connections are what set us apart from a college.
• Gain a BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Music Technology (worth 2 A-levels and up to 112 UCAS points)
• Study Music Technology, Studio Recording, Audio Production, Live Sound, Music and Sound for Media and more, all at our easy to access town centre location
• Enjoy an inclusive learning environment with our smaller class sizes (12 max), be treated as an individual and get to know your tutors and fellow students
• Receive support with Functional Skills, or GCSE English & Math (if required)
You can study another A Level with another provider alongside our course if you wanted to, but please be aware that preferential places on our programmes are given to young people who are only studying at Higher Rhythm.
• Master Classes with established music industry professionals
• Vocational experience working in a pro studio and at live music events
• Free entry to festival showcases, gigs and music industry panel events
• Entry to Higher Education HND and Degree Courses
• A range of employment destinations in the music industry including, studio engineering, music production, live sound, events promotion, recording artist, creative media, music publishing and licensing, audio editing for AV industries, artist management… the list keeps growing!
FILL IN THE EOI FORM BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE
With a career as a published music artist and outstanding studio engineer and having a wide grounding in teaching music industry subjects at Further and Higher Education, Dan is the course leader for our National Diploma and is first port of call for course enquiries and content.
An award winning producer, engineer and musician who has worked for decades, with some of the biggest names in the industry, Andy has a long list of production and playing credits on huge selling records and is a holder of a prestigious, Sony Gold Award. Andy will bring the real industry into every session and is always willing to give you expert tips that would take 30 years of experience in the industry to discover for yourself.