Job description – Alternative Provision Teaching Assistant (freelance)
|Position||1 x Alternative Provision Teaching Assistant|
|Location||Classroom based teaching at Higher Rhythm premises in Doncaster|
|Hours and days of work||5 hours, Wednesdays (with potential expansion dependant on growth of provision)|
|Reporting to||Alternative Provision Course Leader|
|Purpose of the position||This provision caters for students with a diverse range of needs including those with social, emotional and mental health issues as well as students who are considered vulnerable, at risk or hard to reach. The organisation provides its students with individualised music and music technology learning programmes designed to help them achieve success. |
As a teaching assistant you will be expected to create an creative environment that will make each student feel comfortable and become confident, independent life-learners who can express themselves and their choices, whilst safeguarding their happiness and safety.
Successful candidates will have a background in music, and/or music technology and be strong, confident and positive in their approach to behaviour management.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• support a high level of learner engagement through shared planning and delivering a creative and flexible curriculum
• be able to build strong relationships with children and young people to inspire and motivate
• work well in a team environment and demonstrate resilience
• promote positive behaviours to build the self-esteem of the children and young people in your care to support them in fulfilling their potential
It is beneficial for you to have:
• have a background in music, and/or music technology
• experience of working/supporting children or adults with social, emotional, mental health issues
• experience in a school or childcare setting
|Working Relationships||Alternative Provision learners, Alternative Provision Course Leader, Administrator, Other Higher Rhythm staff|
|Salaries and Benefits||£13.44 per hour|
To apply for this role, you must:
• have the legal right to work within the UK
• hold an enhanced DBS or be willing to apply for one
• provide 2 references (one must be from your current or previous employer)
• be a compassionate individual with a strong work ethic
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or use this e-mail address to request further information relating to the post.
Applications close midday Friday 19th February 2021.